Wednesday 12 August 2015

Freedom of speech..............

I noticed on Trip Advisor my other thread about what I dislike at EPM has been closed down! Obviously I hit a nerve or someone was worried that if I said anything negative at all about EPM it might reflect badly on them, particularly if they are in line to get a free upgrade if they keep all EPM discussions on a positive note.

I particularly hate that TA'ers are not allowed to speak freely about all aspects of their holiday, good or bad.  How on earth can you trust some bodies opinion if they never ever say anything negative? Or allow anyone else to say anything negative?

If you missed yesterday's discussion, it started with my comments on how some guests - a very very few minority - are very selfish, and that I'd noticed some gobsmacking acts of rudeness and selfishness by other guests - from reserving six beds in the morning for a single couple, to literally hiding floaties under beds, mattresses, and in rooms to stop other guests from using them.

The thread spurred other comments about guests rudeness towards staff, playing music too loud by the revive pool, drunken behaviour in the pool area etc etc etc.  This sort of behaviour doesn't happen every day or week at the resort, and the 99.9% of guests we've seen are very respectful of other guests and staff alike, however, like everywhere in the world, there are some selfish people out there and EPM guests are now exception.  Nobody was named and shamed in this discussion, it was more a general discussion on what irritates TA'ers at the resort - there wasn't even anything negative about the resort itself.

To report and close down an honest discussion on this subject is beyond me.  At least on my blog I can speak honestly without fear of upsetting so someone's hard earned pitch............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation and should be published shortly